Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is PBA rigged?

Years ago, I was an avid PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) fan (I rooted for TnT) but due to changing circumstances, I rarely watch PBA games now. Bad TV reception and lots of available TV shows online don't help either. But somehow I noticed this "trivial" information and dug up some facts:

2009 Motolite Fiesta Conference Game 7 - Champion: SMB
2009 KFC-PBA Philippine Cup Game 7 - Champion: TnT
2008 Smart PBA Fiesta Conference Game 7 - Champion: Gin Kings
2008 Smart PBA Philippine Cup Game 7 - Champion: Sta. Lucia
2007 Talk 'N Text PBA Fiesta Conference Game 7 - Champion: Alaska

PBA is already in its 34th season. In the past, each season has 3 conferences but was reduced to 2 starting 2004-05 season. "Conferences" are tournaments held during a season.

As shown in the list above, the last 5 Finals of each conferences reached a Game 7. For me, this is a very amazing coincidence. I believe nothing fishy is going on but.... wow!

Five straight Game 7s!?!?!

No comments:

"He's called Dr. J because, on the court, he operated on people." - Nate "Tiny" Archibald on Julius "Dr. J" Erving