Monday, July 20, 2009

Cebu City: Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk

Last saturday, I participated in the annual Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk. It was my 1st time to join a group street photography. I usually shoot alone due to conflicts in schedule. We started around 6.30am at Magellan's Cross and parted ways almost 4 hours later at Cebu Capitol.

Eventhough the weather's iffy, almost a hundred shooters showed up and that made it a fun social event. We walked & talked for more than 3 kilometers with "pit" and obligatory stops. I meet old friends and made new acquaintances ;-)

I brought one camera body, a tripod and 3 glasses (macro, UWA and prime). I used all glasses but my top 2 favorites come from the macro lens. Somehow, I lost my tripod's case. Too bad, my chocolates from Qatar got lost with it :-) I recovered "lost" calories by having a lonely but quick lunch at The Terraces. I then proceeded to buy some stuff for Des and Alexa and went to Banawa for a colleague's wedding.

Here are some of my shots:

Photo Walk: Cream


Photo Walk: Exit to Paradise


Photo Walk: Manong


More here. If schedule permits, I'll join again next year. I really had a great time!

This is it!



------------------

Picatoo.com's uploading service is really unreliable. I always get corrupted communication so it's a hassle to keep on re-uploading. Fortunately, Digiprint's online facility is back so I ordered my prints there this morning. Uploading is done one time and it was very smooth. With Picatoo, uploading is limited to 8 or 9MB per batch. Imagine doing that to 200MB of images, ouch!

Anyway, I hope to receive the prints within 2 days.

3 comments:

SDVA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SDVA said...

Hi Ronald! Sorry, I'm reposting my comment. Anyway, 'just wanted to congratulate you for making the TOP 10 Honorable Mentions at Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk. I'm also a Filipino residing in New York. Great shot!

Nald said...

SDVA, thanks!!! Mabuhay!

"He's called Dr. J because, on the court, he operated on people." - Nate "Tiny" Archibald on Julius "Dr. J" Erving