Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pregnancy

My sis-in-law had a miscarriage yesterday, it was suppose to be their 1st child. Giegie & Noel, our prayers with you.

----------

One of our househelps gave birth in our bathroom yesterday 1:45am. We long suspected she's pregnant but she kept on denying it; and we can't really confirm as she's small in build. I guess she was afraid that we will send her home once she admitted.

We truly hate her for endangering her child - no prenatals, continues heavy work in the house, etc. I guess the hospital was correct in involving DSWD on this serious matter.

Anyway, she woke me up by complaining that her stomach hurts and was sorry for not admitting that she's pregnant. I went out to a rainy stormy dark weather and looked for transportation - I found one in 3 minutes and when I came back to her - she's already holding her crying baby with them still connected by the cord. Yes, she gave birth inside our bathroom - alone. It was a quick labor, I guess.

They're both doing OK now in the hospital and should be going back to the province soon. She said the family of the baby's father will be waiting for her.

1 comment:

Perze said...

Oh My Gulay Nald. it's good that everything is ok. That was so messed up.

"He's called Dr. J because, on the court, he operated on people." - Nate "Tiny" Archibald on Julius "Dr. J" Erving