Thursday, February 07, 2008

Instinct or Impulse Buying?

Since last month, I was already planning to upgrade to a VR-version of my Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED. Reason? I always use it handheld and I believe that with VR, I could produce sharper works of art. Why not plunge to the pro-specs f2.8s? You might ask. Well, my wife will kill me if she knows that f2.8s cost more than P50,000 and this is just for my hobby and no ROI hehehehehe.

So to break even, I'll sell my 55-200 non-VR lens (mentioned above) for around P8,000 and buy one off eBay at P8,000 also.

Luckily, today, I won a bid in my favorite eBay store, Camera Cameta! I won a brandnew Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR and, including USPS shipping, it's around P7,600 only.

Now to the surprising or weird part - when I checked my post on my last year's purchase of the non-VR version lens, I also won it on February 7, 2007(!!!). I was really surprised, stunned and baffled. Is this an instinct/urge to purchase or just pure coincidence?

Anyway, I consider today, Feb. 7, as Day 1 and I hope to receive this new lens within the next 10-15 days. Last year, total days from winning the bid to actually receiving the item is 10 days.

No comments:

"He's called Dr. J because, on the court, he operated on people." - Nate "Tiny" Archibald on Julius "Dr. J" Erving