Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Starter's Kit

FireFox 2.0 is nice although it uses 55MB of RAM while I'm blogging now. I opened the same window in IE 7 and it uses only 10MB (I switched my blog draft to IE7 and memory usage is still 10MB). I wonder what they meant by low-resource requirement of FireFox 2.0... I guess this is another marketing crap. Or, maybe XP is conspiring with IE7 in showing the real figures hehehehe gotcha!

(Why do people hate MS so much???)

-----

Just learn today that the lens included in a lens kit is not really recommended for advanced users. Basic lens kit is literally a starter's kit & I'm not a starter anymore.

So to get my blood flow rolling, I asked around and discovered that a good lens starts at P22,000 (!!!). Holy sh.... cow!, that's already 50% compared to a brand new 400D body!

Definitely this will be a lifelong hobby of mine: a body then a zoom lens 1 year later, then a set of filters a year later, then a 8GB high-speed card a year later, then a powerful external flash 2 years later, then a prime lens (30mm) 2 years later, then another prime lens (300mm) 2 years later, and finally another body 3 years after that.

No comments:

"He's called Dr. J because, on the court, he operated on people." - Nate "Tiny" Archibald on Julius "Dr. J" Erving