Monday, September 18, 2006

Let's play Darts!


Road to Pro begins.

Catchy line, huh? Well, that's what I'm calling this journey of mine and I hope things will turn out well.

Instead of a complete set, I ended up buying a separate board and dart set. Total cost is higher but I still prefer Pinoy & British-made stuff over Chinese-made cr#p. I just hope "Made in England" means just that. Who knows?

I logged about 6 hours over the weekend. My performance sucks as expected and I'm having a hard time shampooing myself and brushing my teeth with my right arm for 2 days now. Hopefully, the muscle ache will go down by tomorrow.

I monitored my "170" performance (15 FIFO games) and my average is 15.07 throws (or 11.28 points per dart). A totally ridiculously bad performance.

For my practice, I'll use "170 FIDO" and "round-the-board" games. I expect to increase my performance level to 20 points per dart by November. Wish me luck ;-)

Some interesting dart trivia here.

No comments:

"He's called Dr. J because, on the court, he operated on people." - Nate "Tiny" Archibald on Julius "Dr. J" Erving